Dec 9, 2008

Stockings

red & white christmas
When I'm in a sour mood, I challenge myself to think of 5 (or more) good things that have happened during the day. Sometimes the best things I can think of are pretty simple, like "I still have air to breathe".
Since I mentioned that in general I don't like Christmas or winter, I've been thinking of all the things that I do like about the season. I like Christmas stockings. My mom embroidered stockings for my brothers and I when we were kids. One of my favorite parts of Christmas morning was waking up at 4 AM, dumping out our stockings, which were mostly filled with mandarin oranges and chocolate coins, and binging on citrus & chocolate before my parents got out of bed.
I don't have a Christmas stocking now (nor do I have a mantel to hang one on), but I like the idea of a stocking made of non-traditional fabrics. Charming, no?

No comments: